Travis Rebel News

Filed under Sports

Cycling creates an escape for Bryan Albright

Back to Article
Back to Article

Brian Albright doing what he loves

Brian Albright doing what he loves

By by Gisel Alvarez, Photography Editor

Brian Albright doing what he loves

By by Gisel Alvarez, Photography Editor

By by Gisel Alvarez, Photography Editor

Brian Albright doing what he loves

Ever since I moved from Missouri, I have had only one thing that keeps me going from day to day. I started cycling at the age of twelve and instantly fell in love with the sport.

It gives me a way to escape from my day to day life and explore the world. I was introduced to cycling when a man named Ian Dille moved across the street from me. I asked him if I could go on a ride with him around the block and now today I go miles on my bike without stopping.

I love that the sport is competitive if you want it to be, or you can just go out and enjoy a ride. When I am competing in a race, I am given a way to let out my energy in a way that I would not be able to go without cycling.

I am thankful that I have a supportive family when I race and a friend to ride with.

The first time I competed in a race, I quickly fell behind and started getting lapped. However I train a lot, and I’ve learned that my practice improves my skill.

I ride every week in order to ensure that I better myself in the cycling community.

I hope that one day my hard work pays off and I see my name on the winning ballot.

I also hope to one day advance my cycling skills enough to race in bigger competitions rather than just compete in local events.

One day, I hope to even race the Tour de France.

When I am training for a race, I always think about how I can improve myself in the future and be able to do better in my next race. While I am racing, I think about how I can stay in the race no matter what, even when the pain is hurting and I do not want to continue.

One of the best rides I have ever gone on is when I rode over 50 miles on a group ride. It was a hard ride and I felt worn out toward the middle of the ride but toward the end, I had enough self-discipline to finish hard with the rest of the group. I have never ridden that hard and that fast until that day.

It is one of the best feelings when I cross a finish line. When I cross the line, I feel like I accomplished something and that my hard work paid off. I train to someday get the feeling of pride as I finish a race and see my name on the scoreboard.

3 Comments

3 Responses to “Cycling creates an escape for Bryan Albright”

1. 21 savage on January 18th, 2018 2:49 pm

i like bikes.

2. 22 Savage on February 12th, 2018 9:53 am

relatable af

3. 23 Savage on February 7th, 2019 10:01 am

Yall fake, Im the real Savage

All submitted comments are subject to approval by The Travis Rebel News editors and adviser, and may be edited for brevity or clarity. The Travis Rebel News reserves the right to reject a comment for any reason. Comments do not necessarily reflect the views of The Travis Rebel News, William B. Travis Early College High School or Austin Independent School District.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

"Friendship does not end in death; it continues strong and true. For once a Rebel always a Rebel; Rebels true, Rebels true."