Travis Rebel News

The Boys of Fall 2018-2019

By Gisel Alvarez and Angela Barcenas

About the Contributors
Angela Barcenas, Staff Photographer

Grade: Freshman
Birthday: February 22, 2004

What do I do in my free time? I spend time with my family, try and compose some music, shoot pictures, draw and write for fun and entertainment.

My post-high school plans: I plan to go to college and become an architect so I can make eco-friendly buildings for people and companies.

My extra-curricular activities:  Travis Rebel Band, Travis Rebel Staff Photographer, ECHS

Where I will be in 10 years? I will have my own condo and will be working for a company or I will have my own.

Gisel Alvarez, Photography Editor

Age? 17

Grade? 12th

Born? Austin, TX.

What do you like about being on the Newspaper staff? Seeing the world through a camera lens truly gives me a unique perspective on people, their emotions and why they do what they do. A photojournalist is in constant pursuit of capturing that one moment in time that tells a story through pictures; they are worth a thousand words. A picture of a basketball player's face with sweat dripping down his cheeks with a grimacing look while doing a layup during a close game tells the story of his determination, his physical struggle and his desire to win; a story that can only be told through a picture.

What have you learned, being on Newspaper staff?  I have learned to look beyond someone's words. I look for their actions and their emotions to bring a story to an audience that only can be told with pictures.

What are your future plans?  My...